2017 USA Sevens Credential Pickup Locations & Tournament Media Procedures
Friday, March 3 – Sunday, March 5
Media Credential Pickup
Media credentials for the 2017 USA Sevens Rugby Tournament will be available at the locations below during the listed dates and times:
- USA Sevens Tournament Office inside Monte Carlo Resort & Casino’s Platinum Room on the second floor (3770 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109)
- Wednesday, March 1 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. PT
- Thursday, March 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. PT
- Sam Boyd Stadium: Table located in front of the stairs leading to the main entrance of the stadium (7000 E. Russell Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89122)
- Friday, March 3 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT ; 2 to 3 p.m. PT
- Saturday, March 4 from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m. PT; 11:00a.m – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday, March 5 from 9 to 10 a.m. PT
*Early credential pick up is highly encouraged as parking passes for Sam Boyd Stadium will be provided with all media credentials. Sam Boyd Stadium charges $20 per day for parking so it’s important to pick-up your credentials early.
If you are NOT able to pick up during the designated window hours, arrangements must be made with the USA Sevens PR team in advance.
Press Box Info & Procedures
- The press box will open when general admission gates open for each day of competition.
- Free WiFi will be provided and log-in information will be available at the USA Sevens media center located inside the press box.
- Photo vests will be available for pick up and return at the USA Sevens media center located inside the press box.
- Media who applied for a workstation will be assigned a number for their designated workstation for the week.
- Media without a workstation assignment are welcome to sit in open seating in the designated areas of the press box. Open seating is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- Food will be provided in the media center throughout the tournament during designated time windows. Please do not leave your trash lying around the press box. This is a working environment.
- If any media is found with alcoholic beverages or not working as designated in their assignment letter, the result will be an immediate revoking of their credential and dismissal from all press areas.
Interview Procedures for Print/Online
- No media will be allowed in the player locker room areas to conduct interviews.
- Interviews will be available with players and coaches immediately following matches. If you wish to conduct an interview, it is recommended that you inform the USA Sevens media center of any specific interview requests for assistance in coordinating interviews following matches.
- Media must be at the designated “mix zone” prior to the end of that team’s match. Team managers will provide available players, and the duration of interviews is at each player’s and/or coach’s allowance.
Photography Procedures & Restrictions
- No photography is allowed in the player locker room areas.
- Photographers must have a valid photo credential and photo vest to shoot from the designated photography areas on the field. Credentials must be worn outside of the vests.
- There will be a photo marshal directing all activity in the photography pits. Failure to adhere to the marshal’s direction will result in an immediate revoking of your credential and dismissal from all press areas.
- Absolutely no filming (video) of tournament play is allowed during the tournament. Failure to adhere to the filming regulations will result in an immediate revoking of your credential and dismissal from all press areas.
- Two (2) photography pits will be marked in the north and south ends of Sam Boyd Stadium.
- Photographers can only move to the opposite photo pit during halftimes or between matches. No moves can be made while there is actual play on the pitch.
- Photo pits will be available on a first come, first serve basis
Intellectual Property Rights
USA Sevens LLC acknowledges that credential-holders will own all proprietary rights including copyright in their content in accordance with law.
Use of Credential
Media access is for the purpose of journalistic activities including creating content for editorial use and for use by credential-holders to promote coverage of the 2017 USA Sevens Rugby Tournament. For the avoidance of doubt, credential-holders acknowledge this credential agreement prohibits the use of such material for any commercial purpose in the form of ambush marketing, merchandising, false commercial association with USA Sevens LLC, in connection with any advertising, or unauthorized endorsement of any third-party product or service.
Sam Boyd Stadium
7000 E. Russell Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89122
Shuttle Bus Schedule
For those who don’t intend to drive, tickets can be purchased to take shuttle buses to and from the stadium. Shuttle locations, ticket information and departure times can be found online at http://www.usasevens.com/las-vegas/shuttle-bus-schedules/.
All media will have free access to Sam Boyd Stadium’s parking area with their media credential and assigned parking pass. Again – early credential pickup is recommended to obtain parking passes. The parking area and credential pickup location are highlighted in the map below.
Ride Share Partner
Lyft is the ride share partner for USA Sevens. Unlock your free Lyft Ride Credit by using code: USA7s. Additional information can be found online at https://www.usasevens.com/las-vegas/unlock-free-lyft-ride/
Friday, March 3 – Day One of Tournament
- Gates Open: 8 a.m.
- First Women’s Match: 8:17 a.m.
- First Men’s Match: 4:17 p.m.
- Highlights: Pool Rounds 1 & 2
Saturday, March 4 – Day Two of Tournament
- Gates Open: 7:30 a.m.
- First Women’s Match: 8 a.m.
- First Men’s Match: 1 p.m.
- Highlights: Pool Round 3 & Quarterfinals; women’s finals
Sunday, March 5 – Day Three of Tournament
- Gates Open: 10 a.m.
- First Match: 11:24 a.m.
- Last Match: 5 p.m.
- Highlights: Finals in men’s
Rugby Sevens Teams Competing:
Men’s teams competing include Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, England, Fiji, France, Japan, Kenya, New Zealand, United States, Russia, Samoa, South Africa, Scotland and Wales.
Women’s teams competing include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, Fiji, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Russia, USA and Spain.
World Rugby media-serving content
News, live scores & match details, commentary notes, reaction, rights-free audio, rights-free photos on the official websites of both the HSBC Sevens World Series and WORLDRUGBY Women’s Sevens World Series.
At all ten rounds of the HSBC Sevens World Series, and four rounds of the WORLDRUGBY Women’s Sevens World Series, there is a comprehensive media service online at the official Series websites www.WorldRugby.org and wsws.WorldRugby.org.
- Live match scores & details
- As well as accessing latest news, press releases, photos and live results, during the action users can also click on a result for full team lists, scorers and score sequence information from every match
- In addition to the results, the pool tables and stats (tournament, season and all time) also update in real time during the event
- Commentary notes & statistics (.pdf)
In the run-up to each of the ten events, the following pdfs are uploaded to the online Media Centre at www.worldrugby.org
- Full squad details, including career Sevens records for all players
- Form guide: ‘Head-to-heads’ & ‘Last 30 games’
- All time and current Sevens World Series top scorers
- Sevens World Series scoring records (most tries per match etc)
- Team profiles per pool
- Rights-free Photos and Audio
- Photos: Rights-free action images and trophy lift shots are uploaded to the online media centre, as well as pre-tournament photos. These appear in the main Media Centre page and the individual media centre pages for each event. They can be clicked on to download and use, free of charge and free of rights – please observe the mandatory credit.
- Audio: Before, during and after the event, the WORLDRUGBY uploads rights-free, broadcast quality interviews, which media can download and use for broadcast, online or for written purposes
- Sevens video uploaded to youtube.com/WorldRugby can be embedded and used by other websites
- Official World Series Mobile application (‘App’)
To access all the latest squad details, news, results, fixtures, pool info, statistics from the HSBC Sevens World Series you can also get the official app from i-Store.
About United World Sports:
United World Sports (UWS) LLC hosts a dynamic line up of emerging sports properties and has quickly become the leader at delivering premier international sports properties to U.S. audiences. UWS’ flagship property is the USA Sevens Rugby Tournament held annually in Las Vegas. This exciting 16-nation, three-day tournament has become the largest attended rugby event in North America with more than 80,000 fans coming to Sam Boyd Stadium. Broadcast live on NBC Sports the tournament serves as the only U.S. stop on a nine-city world tour and reaches more than 400 million television households worldwide. Additional UWS properties include the Las Vegas Invitational, which occurs alongside the USA Sevens and is the largest participatory rugby tournament in the western hemisphere; the America’s Rugby Seven’s Cup; the Penn Mutual College Rugby Championship (CRC); and the Penn Mutual Varsity Cup Rugby Championship.
About USA Sevens Rugby:
The annual USA Sevens international rugby tournament is the premier rugby event in North America. The 2017 Las Vegas event will be the men’s fifth event out of ten and the women’s third event out of six in the HSBC Sevens World Series. Fans in attendance will see 28 international rugby sevens teams (16 men’s and 12 women’s teams) play 79 matches during a three-day competition in an attempt to gain points in the Sevens World Series standings. Fans can stay updated on all the latest USA Sevens Rugby news, events and details by following on Facebook (USA Sevens Rugby Tournament And Festival), Twitter (@USASevensRugby) Instagram (@USASevensRugby) and Snapchat (@usasevensrugby).
Played on the same size field as traditional 15-player rugby, rugby sevens is played with just seven players per team. Matches have seven-minute halves with two-minute intervals for pool and knock-out matches. The fast pace and short duration of matches makes every moment of the action thrilling for spectators.
About NBC Sports Group
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January of 2011, the broad reach and storied history of NBC Sports united with Comcast’s 24/7 ability to super-serve fans to create the NBC Sports Group. The new sports media company consists of an array of broadcast television, cable television and digital sports assets, including NBC Sports & Olympics, Golf Channel, NBCSN, 11 SportNets (regional sports networks) and their respective websites. Together, the new combined assets of the NBC Sports Group possess an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, PGA TOUR, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, IndyCar, French Open, Tour de France, and many more.
Nick Sero: 720.508.8007